A Dairy Farm:
Occurring in the long term production of milk operation, the dairy farming is a category of agriculture. It is organized at a particular farm or at a dairy plant to earn possible sale of a dairy farm item.
It is only reasonable, where a greater amount of milk is required for producing dairy products such as butter, cheese etc or where or for which there is a potential market of people willing to buy milk for cash.
Dairy farm startup:
Before starting up a dairy farm we have to research for the species and breeds required in a dairy farm. For every breed, separate annual upkeep cost by yearly milk production to discover production cost per unit of drain.
Identify the demand of the selected specie’s milk in order to form a demanded dairy farm startup.
Discussing the source of food, rich feed demands less labor but more money. In a dairy farm startup it is also necessary to find out that how many cattle per acre the selected land would support.
Dairy Farm Facts:
Following are included in the dairy farming fact:
- Cows possess four stomachs due to which they are capable of transforming plants into milk.
- Fresh water is the requirement of cows. Moreover, a milking cow requires feed (100 pounds each day). Feed is the mixture of grain, silage, hay, vitamins, minerals and proteins (soybean meal).
- The forth dairy farming fact is that the treatments of cows with antibiotics are not consistently done. Once required due to an illness, the antibiotics are directed according to FDA guidelines.
- The last dairy farming fact included is that some cows can live long by 20 years though the life of some cows is also inconsistent from farm to farm and cow to cow.
Dairy Farm Insurance:
Likewise the rest business owners, to protect the business operations and assets, the farmers are also required to have dairy farm insurance. The business insurance requirements are different in each region and are also different according to the size of a particular farm. Luckily, a professional independent insurance agent will help, guide and assist the dairy farmers in purchasing new coverage or making an addition in their existing policy.
For keeping the information of all the policies offered by the business insurance dealers, an independent insurance agent contracts with a number of such dealers. The terms of their policies are then reviewed and discussed with the farmers to make them understand clearly the provisions and limitations of their policies.
Dairy Farming Equipment:
The scale of the operations of business and demanded mechanization drives the machinery and equipment required in the dairy farming equipment section. Following are the equipments necessary for small-medium dairy farming:
|Generator 7.5 KVA||1|
|Mist Cooling System||1|
|Green Fodder Chaff Cutter with motor (10HP)||1|
|Semen Container with Accessories||1|
|Milking Equipment 4 Cluster Can||1|
|Loader for Tractor||1|
|Bore well with motor||1|
|Milk cans (40 liter)||10|
|Ropes, Water Pipes etc||1|
Cattle Farm Management:
The one who performs the job of increasing revenue and monitors costs as well is a truly profitable cattle manager. Particularly taking about the cattle, there are some practices for managing them that charge nothing or require less amount of execution, yet are having dramatic financial benefits. Following are some strategies for cattle farm management to consider:
- One should maintain the first and last calf birth dates to have marketing options.
- Productions of calves are needed to fit a preplanned market.
- Despite of the sizes, pulling bulls or cull later- calving cows practice can be applied. The mentioned calving season will be helpful in saving labor costs, feed costs and would also give calf crop with more consistency.